Adventure is a mindset. You can find it in a pocket of wilderness in your local area just by doing something different and seeking out the unusual — or you can find it by running Great Britain barefoot, cycling the Andes, and running the length of New Zealand!
In this interview, adventurer Anna McNuff talks about the definition of adventure, finding the element of the unknown, encouraging young people to explore, and the acceptance that change is the only constant.
Anna McNuff is a British adventurer, professional speaker, and author named by Conde Nast Traveler as one of the 50 most influential travelers of our time. And by The Guardian as one of the top modern female adventurers.
- What is ‘adventure’?
- The changing motivations for adventure travel
- Cultivating a voice that supports adventure
- Stepping into the unknown
- Running from Scotland to London barefoot
- Change is a constant
- What travel might look like in the future
- How adventure travel is actually about storytelling
- How moments from our young lives shape us
Photos used with permission from Anna McNuff.