“Man’s real home is not a house, but the Road, and life itself is a journey to be walked on foot.” Bruce Chatwin
Walking for a longer-distance can bring clarity of mind, a reconnection with nature, and a sense of well-being that does not emerge with a short stroll. It takes time to settle into your physical body, and walking an ancient path can help take you into that deeper state. In this episode, I discuss our mutual love of long-distance walking with Holly Worton.
Holly Worton is the author of 17 nonfiction and self-help books around business mindset and personal growth, as well as long-distance walking and the wisdom of nature. She’s also the host of the Into The Woods Podcast.
- How long walks help us disconnect from our wired world
- Planning and navigating the South Downs Way
- Bucket list long walks
- Tips for avoiding hiking mistakes
- Preparing for all kinds of weather
- Dealing with fears and having the right mindset
- The restorative powers of nature
- Recommended books about walking
You can find Holly Worton at HollyWorton.com