From the stunning Northern Lights of Lofoten, to the fjords of the western coast, scenic train journeys across the mountains, Viking history, and the culture of the cities, David Nikel evokes a country that has much to explore. In this pandemic year, I’m certainly dreaming of kayaking the fjords!
David Nikel is a British writer specializing in all things Scandinavia. Since moving to Norway in 2011, he’s traveled the length and breadth of the country producing the first and second editions of The Moon Norway Guidebook. He also runs a successful website and podcast Life in Norway where he talks about everything from relocation and travel advice to stories from the Viking age.
- Why fjords are such a feature of the Norwegian landscape
- The Northern Lights at Lofoten
- The different ways to explore Norway including by car and railway
- Places to visit in cities like Oslo
- On the New Nordic cuisine movement focused on simple, fresh ingredients
- Locations for authentic Viking experiences
- Aspects of Norwegian culture that are unique from the rest of Scandinavia
- How Norse mythology fits into present-day life in Norway
You can find David Nikel at LifeInNorway.net