From the silver mines of empire to lithium mining under gigantic salt flats, Bolivia has played a significant part in history and is now shaping the future of green technology. Shafik Meghji talks about the diversity of the country from its landscape to its people and religious ceremonies, as well as recommended places to visit, and books to read.
Shafik Meghji is an award-winning travel writer, journalist, and author, specializing in Latin America and South Asia. He has co-authored more than 40 guidebooks. His latest book is Crossed Off the Map: Travels in Bolivia.
- Bolivia’s geographical diversity and recommended places to visit, including the largest salt flats in the world
- The unexpected ways Bolivia has influenced and shaped the world
- Indigenous culture and architecture
- Festivals and other religious and cultural events, including the dance of the devils and the witches’ market
- Balancing the desire to travel with environmental responsibility
- Recommended books about Bolivia
You can find Shafik Meghji at ShafikMeghji.com