Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
Traveling to a new place is about art, architecture, food, and culture, but it can also be about the people you meet and the memories — and even souvenirs — you bring back.
In today’s interview, Laura Morelli talks about Venetian artisans, the joys of limoncello, and shares her tips for finding the perfect way to remember your trip.
Dr. Laura Morelli has a Ph.D. in art history from Yale writes award-winning historical fiction based on the true stories of art history and teaches art history online.
- How early travels in Europe sparked Laura’s interest in medieval history
- Places in Venice where you can see behind the present facade to the history beneath
- The quiet places where you can still find artisans and craftspeople who keep old skills alive — and how to avoid being ripped off
- Venetian paper and bookbinding
- The plague mask and Carnival
- How travel helps us appreciate what’s different and what’s the same between our cultures and countries
- Recommended books around works of art
You can find Laura at www.LauraMorelli.com and on twitter @lauramorelliphd
[Read more…] about Venice, Art History And Italian Artisans With Laura Morelli