Andalucia brings to mind balmy evenings with the scent of oranges in the air, the sounds of flamenco guitar, and the exotic architecture of the Moorish Alhambra.
In this podcast interview, I talk to David Penny, author of The Thomas Berrington Historical Mysteries, which are set in medieval Spain.
You can listen above or on iTunes or your favorite podcast app, read the notes and links below. Here are the highlights and full transcript below.
- The inspiration for David’s detective novels set in Moorish Spain
- Writing about an ancient place from modern time
- Weaving religion into historical fiction
- Finding an authentic flamenco experience in Spain
- Recommendations for local food and drink
- Getting used to local customs, like shop closure times
- Adjusting to the slower pace of life in Spain
You can find David Penny at DavidPennyWriting.com and on Twitter @davidpenny_