Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
Greenland is the world’s largest island. Three-quarters of it are covered in a permanent ice sheet and with only 56,000 people, it’s the least densely populated country in the world.
It is considered a region of Denmark, but Greenland has recently been in the news as President Donald Trump talked about buying the island for its rich natural resources and strategic position in the Arctic.
Christoffer Petersen writes Arctic noir crime thrillers based on the seven years he spent living in Greenland, including Seven Graves, One Winter, the first book in the Greenland Crime series and The Ice Star, an action-adventure thriller. In this interview, we talk about what makes Greenland so special, what you might want to visit there, the local delicacies, and why respect for local culture is paramount when we travel.
- On Greenland’s history, location and population
- Modes of travel in a country with few roads
- Recommendations for places to visit in Greenland
- Local food and cultural experiences
- On seeing the Northern Lights and how to do that
- Recommended books about Greenland and the Arctic
You can find Christoffer at Christoffer-Petersen.com
[Read more…] about Living On The Edge: Greenland With Christoffer Petersen