Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
The word Kosovo brings to mind images of the Balkan War — a place of blood — but Elizabeth Gowing talks about it as a place of sweetness, a place of honey with wonderful food, welcoming people and a complex patchwork of religion that manages to get along together in a tiny country. She also explains how her unexpected move to Kosovo led to her love of beekeeping and a new direction helping local communities.
Elizabeth Gowing is the author of five books, including Travels in Blood and Honey: Becoming a Beekeeper in Kosovo. She’s also a professional speaker and co-founder of The Ideas Partnership, a charity that empowers and supports people in need in Kosovo.
- An unexpected transfer to Kosovo
- Exploring Kosovo and the hospitality of the people
- The dying art of silver filigree
- The religious buildings and their significance
- Is it safe to travel to Kosovo?
- The symbolism of the traditional Kosovo foods
- Working with the Roma and Ashkali communities to educate children
- Tips for sustainable tourism in Kosovo
You can find Elizabeth Gowing at ElizabethGowing.com
Elizabeth’s headshot photo credit: Jonada Jashari
[Read more…] about Travels In Blood And Honey. Kosovo With Elizabeth Gowing