“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” Ibn Battuta
Mallorca is a beautiful Spanish island in the Balearics, rich with history and culture, from the medieval architecture of Palma’s old town to the picturesque coastal village of Deia and the mountainous interior. Many come to the relaxed island for an escape, but others imagine murder in paradise.
In this interview, international crime author, JJ Marsh, talks about the inspiration of Mallorca and how she sees the world as an outsider, constructing stories from her travels.
- Why Mallorca is so enticing to visit and write about
- The joy of older cities with lots of history
- Seeing past the beauty of a place to write murder
- Wine and food recommendations
- Is there any truth to cultural stereotypes? Writing as an outsider.
- Recommended books about or set on Mallorca
You can find JJ Marsh at JJMarshAuthor.com