Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
“The face of the water, in time, became a wonderful book … it was not a book to be read once and thrown aside, for it had a new story to tell every day.” Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi
The Mississippi River runs through ten states and has brought life to countless generations, from the first Native Americans, through to the settlers, and into the modern, industrial age. There are great cities along the river, as well as remote wilderness, and a huge variation in landscape, ecology, and culture along the way.
In this interview, Dean Klinkenberg shares his passion for the Mississippi River Valley and gives his tips on where to go, what to see, and why the river continues to be a source of endless fascination and inspiration.
Dean Klinkenberg writes mysteries and travel-guide books about life along the Mississippi River in the USA.
- Geography along the path of the Mississippi River
- The changeable nature of rivers
- Different spiritual meanings of the river
- Cities and towns of interest along the Mississippi south to New Orleans
- Areas of historical interest
- Options for activities like hiking, canoeing, and kayaking on the river
- Local specialties for food and drink
- Recommended books about Mississippi
You can find Dean Klinkenberg at MississippiValleyTraveler.com
[Read more…] about Life On The River. The Mississippi River Valley With Dean Klinkenberg