Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
The north-east of England combines the ancient history of Viking raids and English castles, with the stark beauty of Lindisfarne island cut off by the tides, and the vibrant city of Newcastle linked by its seven bridges.
In today’s episode, mystery author, LJ Ross talks about love of home, why she sets her books in the area, and tips for visiting.
LJ Ross is the internationally bestselling author of the DCI Ryan mystery series set in the north east of England including UK number one bestseller, Holy Island.
- Why Louise feels that Northumberland will always be home, even as she and her family travel away and back again. The emotional resonance of where we have memory and family.
- Are there geographic personalities? On the possible differences between the north and south of England
- Lindisfarne, the Holy Island, and tips for visiting so you don’t get stranded by the tide as well as nearby Bamburgh Castle
- Cragside and Victorian history
- The city of Newcastle, seven bridges and the Victorian tunnels
- How Louise is entwining her international travels into the upcoming Dr Alexander Gregory series, whose work as a psychological profiler takes him around the world
- Recommended books set in Northumberland
You can find Louise at www.LJRossAuthor.com and on Twitter @ljross_author
Lindisfarne, Holy Island features in my travel memoir/solo walking book, Pilgrimage: Lessons Learned from Solo Walking Three Ancient Ways.
[Read more…] about Northumberland: Ancient Lindisfarne, Modern Newcastle With L.J.Ross