I sat there on my first morning in class, heart pounding, as I realized there was no way I could keep up with the work. I would fail here. I would have to leave Oxford almost as soon as I had arrived …
That was day one at Oxford and I’ll finish that story during this episode because, of course, I did find a way to stay on.
I studied Theology at Mansfield College, University of Oxford, 1994-1997 and those years had a huge effect on the rest of my life. In this episode, I’ll talk about some of my experiences of the city, my lessons learned, and give some recommendations for where to visit if you travel to the city of dreaming spires as well as some books to read along the way.
- The dream and the myth of Oxford
- Don’t play by the rules. Play your own game.
- Discovering the reality of class and hierarchy within a hierarchy
- What do you really want?
- Losing my religion but not my spirituality
- Always be learning
- Decadence and discipline
- Recommended books featuring Oxford