Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
Sometimes we can only find our true selves by leaving everything we thought we wanted behind. Matt Buchman was a successful business consultant, but when he lost everything, he set off to cycle around the world. It was a way to escape his old life, but also to find a new path. In this interview, he talks about some of the highs and lows of the trip, but it’s also a discussion on what really matters and how to find home again.
M.L. Buchman is the author of over 60 romance, thriller, sci-fi, and fantasy books, as well as nonfiction. And today, we’re talking about his memoir, Mid-Life Crisis on Wheels: a Bicycle Journey Around the World.
- How losing everything led to a grand adventure
- Dealing with fear of the unknown
- Letting go of a perfect plan in order to learn more about yourself
- How the lows are just as important as the highs when traveling
- Looking for a definition of ‘home’
- Adjusting to ‘normal’ life after an extended period of travel
- Recommended books about cycling adventures
You can find ML Buchman at MLBuchman.com and on Twitter @mlbuchman