Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
Sometimes you don’t have to leave your own country to find a culture that is different from your own. Michael Sean Comerford talks about the unique language, lifestyle, and attitudes of the carnies, the people who work on the traveling carnivals.
Michael Sean Comerford is an award-winning journalist and travel writer. His latest book is American OZ: An Astonishing Year Inside Traveling Carnivals.
- The differences between carnivals in different countries
- The unique languages of carnies
- Attractions and difficulties of the carnival life
- The sense of belonging — and how that’s hard to leave behind
- Darker side of carnival life
- Recommended travel books
You can find Michael Sean Comerford at MichaelSeanComerford.com
[Read more…] about Traveling Carnivals With Michael Sean Comerford