We all pick up ideas about a country from a lifetime of media consumption, and stereotypes can shape our opinions, persisting even once a country has changed, as Colombia has over the last 30 years.
Lachlan Page talks about how he ended up in Colombia after prioritizing travel first and work second, his recommended places to visit from jungle to coast, tips for safety, whether being bilingual changes your personality, cross-cultural marriage, recommended books, and more.
Lachlan Page is the author of Magical Disinformation, a spy novel with a satirical edge set amongst the Colombian peace process.
- Making travel the priority and fitting work around it, plus volunteering when you have useful skills
- How stereotypes and media representations of Colombia are different from the reality
- Recommended places to visit
- Tips for safety, useful wherever you go
- Does speaking a second language affect your personality?
- On cross-cultural marriages
- Recommended books
You can find Lachlan Page at LachlanPageAuthor.com