Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
Hello travellers, I’m Jo Frances Penn, and in this episode, I’m talking to Nick Jubber about the momentary encounters that bring a journey to life.
We talk about how religion weaves its way into travel, especially in the middle east and north Africa, and how sometimes we can sense the intensity of faith, even when we are not religious ourselves. Nick talks about the nomadic life and the attraction of desert places, finding the roots of fairy tales across Europe, and how travel is changing, even while our desire to explore remains.
Nicholas Jubber is the award-winning author of five travel books, including Epic Continent and The Timbuktu School of Nomads. His latest book is The Fairy Tellers: A Journey Into the Secret History of Fairy Tales.
- How religion winds its way into Nick’s travel writing
- Discovering spiritual moments and meaning even if not religious
- The romance vs. the reality of the desert
- Lessons learned from nomadic life in the desert
- Assessing risk and safety while traveling
- Finding the roots of fairy tale in Europe
- How travel might change in the future
- Recommended travel books
You can find Nick at NickJubber.com
[Read more…] about Momentary Encounters That Bring A Journey To Life With Nick Jubber