From the ice of the glaciers to the black church near the lava fields and on to the steaming hot pools of the blue lagoon, Iceland is a country of stark natural beauty and interesting folklore.
In this interview, Michael Ridpath talks about the hidden people, the trolls, and the ghosts in the mist, as well as the landscape as a character, and why he keeps returning to the country for inspiration.
Michael Ridpath is a British author of crime and thriller novels. His Magnus crime thriller series is set in Iceland. And he has a website, WritingInIce.com, which features articles and pictures from his research travels.
- Why Iceland is so compelling to visit
- Suggestions for the most beautiful places to visit in Iceland
- The Hidden People, and other interesting folklore of the region
- How long winters impact the Icelandic temperament
- Things to see and do in Reykjavik
- How to write evocative stories where the landscape is a character
- Recommended books about or set in Iceland
You can find Michael Ridpath at MichaelRidpath.com