Sometimes we find home in a place where we don’t even speak the language. Louise Ross talks about discovering Portugal, a gentle country with ocean-gazing people, and recommends places to visit, as well as an attitude to self-reinvention.
Louise Ross is the author of Women Who Walk and The Winding Road to Portugal. She’s an Australian currently living in Portugal where she explores the immigrant and expatriate journey through her writing and her podcast, Women Who Walk.
- The similarities between Australia and Portugal as ‘ocean gazing’ cultures
- Cultural differences between Portugal, Australia, and the US
- Portuguese food and wine as an undiscovered gem
- Historical, cultural, and religious places to visit in Portugal
- Natural sites around Lisbon
- Finding community as an expat
- Making a space away from home feel like home
- Movement and walking as a metaphor for reinvention
- Recommended travel books about or set in Portugal
You can find Louise Ross at LouiseRoss.com