Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
How can travel help us as we search for a new direction in mid-life? Why does nature offer us insight into ourselves and experiences that go far beyond the physical? Toby Neal talks about her experience of the US National Parks.
Toby Neal is an award-winning USA Today best-selling author of mysteries, thrillers, and romance, as well as travel memoir under T. W. Neal. She’s also a mental health therapist and the author of Open Road: A Midlife Memoir of Travel Through the National Parks of the USA.
- Why mid-life is a time to reassess what you want to do with your life — and how travel can be a catalyst for change
- Some of the beautiful places in the US National Parks
- Spiritual aspects of being in nature when the veil is thin
- The physical and mental challenges of travel — and dealing with fear and anxiety along the way
- The comfort of the familiar when traveling
- Recommended travel books
You can find Toby Neal at TobyNeal.net and on Instagram @authortobyneal
You can also listen to our discussion about Wild and Beautiful Hawaii in episode 11.
[Read more…] about Open Road: A Midlife Journey Through The US National Parks With Toby Neal