Vienna brings to mind images of grand architecture, the sounds of classical music, and the smell of coffee and sacher torte.
In this interview with Katarina Bordet, we explore the Gothic and Baroque churches, the museums, and the iconic coffee shops, as well as the darker places to visit — the asylum, the catacombs, and the echoes of psychiatry and fascism. The city is dense with history and culture, and we can only brush the surface today, but I hope you enjoy the interview.
Katharina Bordet is an Austrian fantasy and nonfiction author as well as a lawyer, podcaster, and photographer.
- Cathedrals, churches, and grand architecture
- Catacombs, the asylum, churchyard, and darker places to visit
- Vienna’s coffee culture, cafe recommendations, and the importance of cake
- Music and opera in Vienna including outdoor venues
- Local crafts and food at the Christmas Markets
- The Viennese personality
- Recommended books set in Vienna
You can find Katharina Bordet at bruadarach.at