Sometimes it’s not the most iconic travel destinations that resonate most with us. Sometimes it’s the hidden places and the unexpected moments that echo in our memories many years later.
In this episode, Steve Brock talks about how we can cultivate curiosity and blend serendipity with planning to make the most of our travels, as well as finding hidden places closer to home, and how we can use the different senses of time to make more of our travel experiences.
Stephen W. Brock is the author of Hidden Travel: The Secret To Extraordinary Trips. He’s also a photographer and his website, Explore Your Worlds, focuses on the intersection of travel and creativity.
- Finding hidden places close to home
- Planning trips while leaving room for serendipity and new discovery
- Why curiosity is a practice we need to develop to make the most of travel
- How the memorable moments of travel might be the ones you don’t plan for
- Different experiences of time — kairos vs chronos
- Recommended travel books
You can find Stephen Brock at ExploreYourWorlds.com