Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
How does Myanmar’s complicated history shape the country today? What are some of the wonderful places to visit — if tourists are able to travel again?
Jessica Mudditt talks about her experience in Myanmar, as well as facing fears around travel, and the experience of reverse culture shock on returning to Australia.
Jessica Mudditt is an Australian freelance journalist and travel writer. Her latest book is Our Home in Myanmar: Four Years in Yangon.
- Myanmar / Burma, and the complicated history and politics that shape the country
- Diversity of the landscape and places to visit — once tourists can visit again
- Dealing with fears when traveling — and how people are mostly wonderful, even if a country has a bad reputation
- Reverse culture shock — and how we both struggled with Australia
- Respecting local culture when traveling
- Recommended travel books about Myanmar
You can find Jessica Mudditt at JessicaMudditt.com