Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
Peter Fiennes talks about his search for beauty — and hope — in Greece. We discuss the different areas of the country with recommendations for ruins to visit, as well as how the ancient Greek myths still resonate in modern times, with their tales of the darker side of humanity.
We consider whether generations of belief can somehow imbibe specific locations with spiritual meaning, and how a realization of our place in history can give us hope that things live on — and that life is to be celebrated, even in difficult times.
Peter Fiennes is the author of four non-fiction books, including Footnotes: A Journey Round Britain in the Company of Great Writers, and A Thing of Beauty: Travels in Mythical and Modern Greece, which we’re talking about today.
- The unique and varied landscape of different areas of Greece
- Finding beauty in ruins
- Consulting the Oracle of Delphi
- Do landscapes resonate with the belief of those who have come before us?
- Why ancient myths still hold meaning in modern times
- Attractions of modern Greece
- What travel may look like in the future
- Recommended travel books
You can find Peter Fiennes at One World Publishing
[Read more…] about Beauty In Ruins, Dark Myths, And Hope In Difficult Times. Greece With Peter Fiennes