I’ve been traveling to the USA regularly since the mid-90s, for family trips and then business conferences and book research. The pandemic years meant a long hiatus (for us all!) but recently I went back to the US for my first trip in a long time and it felt quite foreign in many ways. I’d forgotten so much about how our cultures differ, and I thought it might be interesting to record my thoughts before I get used to it all again.
- Context and my history with the USA
- Flying again post-pandemic
- Arriving in Phoenix, Arizona, and some immediate differences
- Visiting the Desert Botanical Gardens, Phoenix, and a day trip to Sedona
- Other things I’d forgotten about the USA
I’d love to know what you think about our cultural differences, so please leave a comment, or tweet me @thecreativepenn or contact me here.