Orna Ross is an Irish novelist, a poet, non-fiction writer, and creative coach. Today, we’re talking about how Ireland features in her writing.
You can listen above or on iTunes or your favorite podcast app, read the notes and links below. Here are the highlights and full transcript below.
- Writing about a country you’re from vs. writing as an outsider
- Why Orna writes about Ireland
- Common misconceptions about the country
- Writing from memories of a childhood in a small Irish village
- Poetry and writing about W.B.Yeats
- Modern practices that rose out of Celtic myths
- Food and drink recommendations when visiting Ireland
- What travel brings to Orna’s writing and the importance of travel for writers
You can find Orna Ross at OrnaRoss.com and on Twitter @OrnaRoss