Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
In September 2022, I walked the Camino de Santiago along the Portuguese Coastal route. It was around 300 kilometers from Porto in Portugal north along the coast and then inland to Santiago de Compostela, Spain, which took 14 days of back-to-back walking.
I walked alone and carried my pack with everything in it, and I organized my accommodation through Macs Adventure so I knew where I was sleeping every night. I’ve posted a day by day breakdown of the route and my gear list separately, and in this episode, I go through some of my lessons and thoughts from the Way.
- How walking in the path of history puts life in perspective
- If you’ve lost direction in life, pilgrimage can help
- Pilgrimage proves you can do hard things, and that knowledge helps back in your daily life
- A fusion of sacred and secular
- The Camino is an industry — and it always has been
- Your Camino, your way. Practical considerations and tips.
- Why I needed these last years of walking alone across a seasonal change in my life
I’m working on my pilgrimage book, combining aspects of the emotional and spiritual journey with practical tips which will hopefully help you if you are considering such a trip. You can find more details at jfpenn.com/pilgrimage.
[Read more…] about A Pilgrim In The Path Of History. Solo Walking The Camino De Santiago Portuguese Coastal Route With J.F. Penn